How long is the course?
The course is for one year and runs for 39 weeks from September to the end of July. Do you want to know how many swaddle blankets do you need for your child.
How many hours is it a week?
An average of 15 to 20 hours per week plus self-directed study, homework and participation in one of our specialist sports academies. The best gaming offers in 50 freispiele ohne einzahlung neu our casino follow the link!
What qualifications do I need to get on the course?
Do your heart belongs to gaming? Go to the more chili slot machine. Play and win! You will be required to have one of the following:
- Minimum of 5 GCSE’s at grade G
- Subject to successful interview
Where is the course run?
- Our courses are at our Brighton Aldridge Community Academy Sixth Form Centre at Falmer.
- There will also be opportunities to work off campus. From September 2017, students will be accommodated within our new Aldridge KSD Construction Academy, located at the BACA Falmer Campus.
What sort of things do I study?
- This course will develop your basic skills and knowledge to start a career in the Construction industry in multi crafts.
- This course offers this chance to practice and gain a wide range of construction craft skills
- There will also be opportunities to work on projects in the community and to gain real work experience.
- You will learn about different aspects of construction crafts: using hand tools, power tools, access equipment, building workplace relationships and Health and Safety requirements.
- The UK construction industry is constantly changing and developing the way it meets the challenges of creating the built environment. Having a range of craft skills will open many opportunities to work across all areas of construction. To explore the different trades skills and perhaps choose the right one for you.
On this course you will gain knowledge and skills in:
- Carpentry and Joinery
- Wall and Floor Tiling
- Painting & Decorating
- Construction Operations
Assessment 1: Achievement of each practical unit will be by internal assessment as part of the workshop programme. qualification.
This course also offers the opportunity for you to develop your English, maths and/or ICT skills, as appropriate. You will be expected to complete basic skills qualifications as part of your course.
What facilities do you have?
The workshops are designed to provide you with a learning environment which simulates the work place. Classrooms have smart boards and projectors enabling you to take advantage of all the latest resources and software available.
Are there any costs for the course?
- Safety boots and study materials (pens, pencils, paper, files, etc.) are required at the start of the course.
- Bursaries for safety equipment and materials are available subject to meeting specified criteria.
What will the course lead on to?
After successfully completing this course, you will be able to progress onto the Level 2 Diploma in Site Carpentry or maintenance operation. Work experience Opportunities which could lead to employment.